Do you suffer from tendon pain that isn’t improving?
Achilles tendonitis, golfer’s elbow (medial epicondylitis), tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis), and jumper’s knee (patella tendinitis) have all been shown to respond to “shockwave therapy”.
The team at TSMC are experts in the holistic management of tendon pain and are now excited to have access to “Shockwave Therapy” to be used as part of your treatment plan!
How does it work?
Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy (ESWT) has been used to successfully treat these tendinopathies that are commonly difficult to treat and resistant to conservative therapy.
- ESWT uses short, rapid bursts of compressed air to deliver a pressure wave to the tissue (muscle or tendon)
- Increased blood flow and healing factors through microscopic tissue changes
- Pain relief and improved function
How is it used?
- ESWT is used as part of your consultation and usually takes between 5-10 minutes
- It is used in combination with massage, joint mobilisation and corrective exercises
- How many ESWT sessions needed will depend on your injury, but typically expect between 2-4 sessions over 1-2 months
- There is no extra cost for ESWT
If you have any questions regarding shockwave therapy or are wondering if it is for you please email firstname.lastname@example.org. To make an appointment call the clinic on 5264 6098 or book online with one of our physiotherapists.