Do you suffer from osteoarthritis of the hip, knee or ankle? We can help!
Osteoarthritis (OA) is a degenerative joint disease where there is a loss of articular cartilage from the bone surface that can cause pain, stiffness, locking, giving way and swelling around the joint. It is usually associated with older people, however with an increase in joint injuries in younger people, early onset of OA is becoming more common.
More and more research is supporting the use of conservative therapy, such as physiotherapy, exercise, weight management and orthotic devices, to effectively manage OA and reduce the chance of future surgery.
Physiotherapy assessment of hip, knee and/or ankle OA will include:
– A thorough assessment, including video gait analysis to accurately diagnose movement dysfunction
– Hands on treatment including joint mobilization, stretching and massage
– Biomechanical correction where necessary (this might mean needing to see a podiatrist also)
– A thorough exercise program to not only improve the health of your joint and muscles surrounding it, but to improve your overall fitness and wellbeing
– Our therapists are experts in educating people on ways to help themselves manage their condition!
If you suffer from OA and want to take control of your condition, book an appointment online or call 5264 6098 to see one of our physiotherapists today!